- Terms of Service are avaible at hosting7.eu/en/terms-of-service/.
- To enter control panel use your username, /your website's address/ or email and a password that was set when you created an account.
- To use mailbox you need to create an email account in the control panel first.
- Mail server is mail.hosting7.eu.
- FTP server is your website's address (e.g. user.hosting7.eu)
- If you already own a domain and you create a new hosting account for this domain, all needed information will be automatically added. The only thing left for you to do is enter our DNS servers in the control panel of the registrator of your domain:
- All rules for the accounts with our domains are valid for accounts with domains that were not registered on our hosting.
- In you have any troubles visit our forum .
General information for customers:
For example, if you have an account "happy", a web site happy.hosting7.eu and you create an email account named “user”, your login to the mailbox and your email will look like this: "firstname.lastname@example.org".
You can send and receive emails using an external program like Microsoft Outlook, Mozilla Thunderbird or other. Login and password are the same as for mailbox in browser.
You do not need to change information about the DNS servers in case you have registered your domain on our hosting — it will be configured automatically and added to the chosen account.
For example, your FTP login will look like this: "email@example.com", if you create FTP account named “user” and you own a domain user.hosting7.eu. The main domain (connected, for example, to the FTP logins) is always the first domain of the hosting account, the one that was chosen while creating the hosting account. In the email account names created for this hosting account the part after "@" may be picked among all the domains connected to this hosting account.
How to defend your website
To better protect your site, you should keep the following principles:
- Regularly back up your page, both files and data from your database. As a result, even if all server data is deleted, you can resume your page. You can set up a cron job when backing up the page in the allotted time. If you dont know how to create backups of files and database, you can use our instruction
- If a page is based on CMS, enable all the options responsible for the security of the page.
- Set up different passwords for different accounts. To create a complex, original password, you can use the password generator. Passwords must be changed from time to time by new ones and in any case should not be given to other people.
- If your website is located on the VPS, it is better to use multiple servers simultaneously: one to keep the production version available to users and the second one to implement and test changes.
- If the page has been hacked, you should find the cause: check out the logs (if your website in on VPS), change the password and return to the previous version of the backup. If the fault is in the CMS, you can post a message about it on the forum of your CMS (do not forget to mention the version and add-ons you have been using). This will help other users to protect themselves as well and accelerate the process of strengthening weaknesses in this CMS.
There are many different ways to hack the page. How to hack the page depends on the weaknesses of the software installed on the hosting and on the computer. Since a large number of CMSes is open source, any user can find their weaknesses and use this to hack someone's page. That is why it is very important to update versions in time - in newer versions usually weak spots are better protected. Information about these unsecured places may be found on the official websites of CMSes.
For example, Wordpress:
One of the weaknesses may be the plugins. Install only the official ones. More:
If you are creating your website without CMS, here you can learn more about the methods of hacking:
You can learn more about the weaknesses of the software installed on your computer on the official websites, for example:
Also be sure to regularly scan your system and your files on the server with antivirus program.
If you have noticed viruses on your page, we can help you. Please follow this page