- Terms of Service are avaible at hosting7.eu/en/terms-of-service/.
- To enter control panel use your username, /your website's address/ or email and a password that was set when you created an account.
- To use mailbox you need to create an email account in the control panel first.
- Mail server is mail.hosting7.eu.
- FTP server is your website's address (e.g. user.hosting7.eu)
- If you already own a domain and you create a new hosting account for this domain, all needed information will be automatically added. The only thing left for you to do is enter our DNS servers in the control panel of the registrator of your domain:
- All rules for the accounts with our domains are valid for accounts with domains that were not registered on our hosting.
- In you have any troubles visit our forum .
General information for customers:
For example, if you have an account "happy", a web site happy.hosting7.eu and you create an email account named “user”, your login to the mailbox and your email will look like this: "email@example.com".
You can send and receive emails using an external program like Microsoft Outlook, Mozilla Thunderbird or other. Login and password are the same as for mailbox in browser.
You do not need to change information about the DNS servers in case you have registered your domain on our hosting — it will be configured automatically and added to the chosen account.
For example, your FTP login will look like this: "firstname.lastname@example.org", if you create FTP account named “user” and you own a domain user.hosting7.eu. The main domain (connected, for example, to the FTP logins) is always the first domain of the hosting account, the one that was chosen while creating the hosting account. In the email account names created for this hosting account the part after "@" may be picked among all the domains connected to this hosting account.
Moving a website from localhost to the hosting
Go to http://localhost/wp-admin, enter the username and password and change the settings in "WordPress address (URL)" and "(URL)" - enter your domain name, for example: http://happyuser.hosting7.eu.
- Add files to archive
To do this on a local server, enter the folder with files and pack all of them into one archive.
- Export the database in phpMyAdmin.
Log in to phpMyAdmin (http://localhost/phpmyadmin).
In the list on the left select the database, than click "Export" and "Run".
Now you have an archive with files and the file with all data from your database.
- Upload an archive with files to the main domain directory on FTP. We recommend using external program like FileZilla or TotalCommander to upload large archives to the server.
To upload files, log in to your FTP account. The username and password can be found in the FTP Accounts section in the control panel.
After uploading your archive will be unpacked automatically on the server.
- Import the database.
First, create a database in Databases section in the control panel: select an account, click "Add", enter your username and password. The name of the database will be generated automatically.
Log in to phpMyAdmin, select the database from the list on the left and click "Import" at the top. Select the file and click "Run".
- In the wp-config.php file, change the data concerning database (you can find them in the Databases section in the control panel). To do this, lod in to the FTP and edit the proper file.
If you are using WordPress, you need to edit wp-config.php file.
For example, if your data looks like this:
/** The name of the database for WordPress */ define('DB_NAME', 'wordpress'); /** MySQL database username */ define('DB_USER', 'root'); /** MySQL database password */ define('DB_PASSWORD', '123'); /** MySQL hostname */ define('DB_HOST', 'localhost'); should be amended as follows: /** The name of the database for WordPress */ define('DB_NAME', 'happyuser_cba_pl'); /** MySQL database username */ define('DB_USER', 'happyuser'); /** MySQL database password */ define('DB_PASSWORD', 'happyuser_pass'); /** MySQL hostname */ define('DB_HOST', 'mysql.hosting7.eu');
Instead of happyuser_cba_pl, enter the name of your database (DB_NAME constant) instead of happyuser - the name of the database user (DB_USER constant) instead of 123 - the password of your database (DB_PASSWORD constant) in Place of localhost - mysql.hosting7.eu (DB_HOST constant). All data you may find in the Databases section in the control panel.
- In the end it is worth to make sure all links are working properly.