- Terms of Service are avaible at hosting7.eu/en/terms-of-service/.
- To enter control panel use your username, /your website's address/ or email and a password that was set when you created an account.
- To use mailbox you need to create an email account in the control panel first.
- Mail server is mail.hosting7.eu.
- FTP server is your website's address (e.g. user.hosting7.eu)
- If you already own a domain and you create a new hosting account for this domain, all needed information will be automatically added. The only thing left for you to do is enter our DNS servers in the control panel of the registrator of your domain:
- All rules for the accounts with our domains are valid for accounts with domains that were not registered on our hosting.
- In you have any troubles visit our forum .
General information for customers:
For example, if you have an account "happy", a web site happy.hosting7.eu and you create an email account named “user”, your login to the mailbox and your email will look like this: "email@example.com".
You can send and receive emails using an external program like Microsoft Outlook, Mozilla Thunderbird or other. Login and password are the same as for mailbox in browser.
You do not need to change information about the DNS servers in case you have registered your domain on our hosting — it will be configured automatically and added to the chosen account.
For example, your FTP login will look like this: "firstname.lastname@example.org", if you create FTP account named “user” and you own a domain user.hosting7.eu. The main domain (connected, for example, to the FTP logins) is always the first domain of the hosting account, the one that was chosen while creating the hosting account. In the email account names created for this hosting account the part after "@" may be picked among all the domains connected to this hosting account.
How to update WordPress
Before, update the software on the website, you must first check that all plugins and skins are compatible with the new version. Before you should do the mandatory backup update of all the files in the FTP and all the data in the database, so that if in the upgrade process something goes wrong, you can go back to the previous version.
After this, check that the hosting parameters meet the requirements of the new version. You may need to change the PHP version ("Domains" tab -> "Edit").
For example, the requirements of WordPress version can be found here.
There are two ways to update the software: automatic and manual.
To start the automatic update of WordPress, go to "Updates" But if you update very old versions, or if you want to control the course of renewal, it is better to choose the second way.
Before starting the update, disable all plugins in the WP panel.
Log in to FTP and delete all the files on the page, in addition you should not delete 'wp-config.php', because this file contains the access data to the database. The 'wp-content' folder should not be deleted either, but you can delete the wp-content / cache and wp-content / plugins / widgets directory. It is also necessary to delete the wp-images directory.
The .htaccess files and robots.txt files will be deleted in the same way, if you added them yourself.
After downloading the file from the official WP website of the latest version of the CMS and upload it to the FTP root directory of the domain.
After that, the program offers you to automatically update the database. Follow the instructions.
After completing this process, enable all plugins in "plugins". If any of them does not work correctly, you can always go back to the previous version of the page, after having done the backup to FTP.