- Terms of Service are avaible at hosting7.eu/en/terms-of-service/.
- To enter control panel use your username, /your website's address/ or email and a password that was set when you created an account.
- To use mailbox you need to create an email account in the control panel first.
- Mail server is mail.hosting7.eu.
- FTP server is your website's address (e.g. user.hosting7.eu)
- If you already own a domain and you create a new hosting account for this domain, all needed information will be automatically added. The only thing left for you to do is enter our DNS servers in the control panel of the registrator of your domain:
- All rules for the accounts with our domains are valid for accounts with domains that were not registered on our hosting.
- In you have any troubles visit our forum .
General information for customers:
For example, if you have an account "happy", a web site happy.hosting7.eu and you create an email account named “user”, your login to the mailbox and your email will look like this: "email@example.com".
You can send and receive emails using an external program like Microsoft Outlook, Mozilla Thunderbird or other. Login and password are the same as for mailbox in browser.
You do not need to change information about the DNS servers in case you have registered your domain on our hosting — it will be configured automatically and added to the chosen account.
For example, your FTP login will look like this: "firstname.lastname@example.org", if you create FTP account named “user” and you own a domain user.hosting7.eu. The main domain (connected, for example, to the FTP logins) is always the first domain of the hosting account, the one that was chosen while creating the hosting account. In the email account names created for this hosting account the part after "@" may be picked among all the domains connected to this hosting account.
How to move your site to another web hosting without a downtime
To move a page or domain to our web hosting from a localhost, you must first create a hosting account.
- After this you need to create an FTP account for your domain. Go to the FTP Accounts section in the control panel and click "Add".
Then upload all the files via FTP and import the database (in case the site uses a database). After the import and before users have a possibility to view your website it is worth to check whether everything works as it should. To check this, change the settings in the file /etc/hosts (Linux) or C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts (Windows) and you will see how a page is displayed on the hosting server before the process of propagating information through the network of your domain ends. When it ends, you can access it normally.
- If everything works correctly, you can change the A record in the control panel of your domain registrar.
- You may also want to transfer your domain to us. To do this you have to give us the AuthInfo code (your domain registrar has to give it to you to your request) and type in the appropriate field (Domain -> Add -> Yes -> Yes). You will receive a confirmation link by email - click on it to confirm the transfer. It is free of charge, but usually you will have to pay for another year of domain registration (of course, this period is added to the current registration period, you will not lose any day). After this you will be able to handle everything from one control panel and the you will be paying for a domain renewal according to our prices.