- Terms of Service are avaible at hosting7.eu/en/terms-of-service/.
- To enter control panel use your username, /your website's address/ or email and a password that was set when you created an account.
- To use mailbox you need to create an email account in the control panel first.
- Mail server is mail.hosting7.eu.
- FTP server is your website's address (e.g. user.hosting7.eu)
- If you already own a domain and you create a new hosting account for this domain, all needed information will be automatically added. The only thing left for you to do is enter our DNS servers in the control panel of the registrator of your domain:
- All rules for the accounts with our domains are valid for accounts with domains that were not registered on our hosting.
- In you have any troubles visit our forum .
General information for customers:
For example, if you have an account "happy", a web site happy.hosting7.eu and you create an email account named “user”, your login to the mailbox and your email will look like this: "firstname.lastname@example.org".
You can send and receive emails using an external program like Microsoft Outlook, Mozilla Thunderbird or other. Login and password are the same as for mailbox in browser.
You do not need to change information about the DNS servers in case you have registered your domain on our hosting — it will be configured automatically and added to the chosen account.
For example, your FTP login will look like this: "email@example.com", if you create FTP account named “user” and you own a domain user.hosting7.eu. The main domain (connected, for example, to the FTP logins) is always the first domain of the hosting account, the one that was chosen while creating the hosting account. In the email account names created for this hosting account the part after "@" may be picked among all the domains connected to this hosting account.
- TroubleshootingHTTP status codes
Status HTTP 404
Type: a mistake on the client's side
HTTP status 404 is displayed when uses requests non-existing file. As the requested file does not exist, server can not fulfill a request.
So, the 404 error tells us that user's browser was trying to load a file, which does not exist or which is not located in the place, where browser searches for it on the server. As a result, instead of the requested object servers answers with the 404 error.
It happens that the reason of the 404 error lays in the wrong settings of mod_rewrite in .htaccess file, which means wrong settings of so called human-friendly URL. In this case the 404 error is generated by the mod_rewrite module, which is not able to 'translate' the address given by human to the real path to the requested object.
Frequent reasons of 404 error:
- — User tried to open this file: http://website.hosting7.eu/subpage/subpage1.html while the „subpage1.html” was located in the root directory and it was possible to find it under this address: http://website.hosting7.eu/subpage1.html. Server could not find the file because of the wrong path to it and answered with the 404 error.
- — User wanted to open a web page and wrote in the address bar: http://website.hosting7.eu/sbpage/subpage1.html while it must be: http://website.hosting7.eu/subpage/subpage1.html - there is a typo in the word „subpage”. Server could not find the directory „sbpage”, so it could not find the file „subpage1.html” and answered with an error 404. Same situation would be if there would be typo in the name of the file.
- — The address http://website.hosting7.eu/year-2016/nicepage must redirect the user to the file located under the right address: http://website.hosting7.eu/subpage/mynicepage.html with the help of the mod_rewrite module (it is a human-friendly URL). But the administrator of the website configured this module in a wrong way. As a result server can not 'translate' the link http://website.hosting7.eu/year-2016/nicepage into http://website.hosting7.eu/subpage/mynicepage.html, so the 404 error is displayed.
What to do to fix the 404 error?
- — Check whether files and directories names are correct.
- — Check whether the requested file which we expect to find under the address: http://website.hosting7.eu/subpage/subpage1.html is really located in the directory named„subpage” and whether the file is named „subpage1.html”.
- — Check upper and lover case in the name of the files and directories. On the server the file „subpage1.html” differs from „subpage1.HTML” and from „SUBPAGE1.html” – these are three different files.
- — In case the mod_rewrite module is configured in a wrong way, you need to check whether in .htaccess file the rewrite rules and codes are set correctly, or, if this module is configured by a plugin, check plugin settings.